While the radio dial of the 21st Century seems to be largely filled with raging ego-maniacs who shout at their listeners, Mike Casey has found a niche with a relaxed “throw-back” approach that engages the audience by sharing humorous and relatable anecdotes from his own personal life in addition to an encyclopedic knowledge of rock n’ roll.
Though it’s almost unheard of for a jock to stay with the same radio station for any length of time, Casey’s 8 year stint with 99.5 The Mountain is a testament not only to his adaptability, but also to his broad appeal and strong base of listener support.
In 2007, Mike Casey received 5280 Magazine’s Editor’s Choice “Top of the Town– Best Music Radio DJ” award.
The 5280 Editors said, “We fancy our tuneage at the hands of a true craftsman, someone who possesses encyclopedic knowledge, yet isn’t too impressed by it. Those traits come to life weekedays during Casey’s forays into album rock.”
Check out Mike’s radio world and listen to him live here: www.995themountain.com
- @KidRock takes a pay cut in order to make concert tix affordable (under $20) this Summer! http://t.co/P8K0JS4qR9 01:52:40 PM June 10, 2013 from HootSuite in reply to KidRock ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @robbieknight Not as far as you know, anyway. 01:16:40 PM June 10, 2013 from HootSuite in reply to robbieknight ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #7:11tweet Playing #airguitar to #Journey "Separate Ways" . I can only imagine how proud my parents must be. 01:10:59 PM June 10, 2013 from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @johnpinette is thankful that it's a #dryheat in #Vegas. Also thankful for #buffets He'll explain on the #6:55funny @995themountain 12:39:36 PM June 10, 2013 from HootSuite in reply to JohnPinette ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @uberfacts: You are only born with 2 fears -- We are naturally afraid of falling and loud noises. 12:02:39 PM June 10, 2013 from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @fastcompany: Google honors Maurice Sendak's birthday with Where The Wild Things Are doodle: http://t.co/QlGjqW9YZd 12:01:20 PM June 10, 2013 from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- How did I go from #Jukebox Hero to #Mini-Van zero in 25 short years? Perplexed. 11:56:44 AM June 10, 2013 from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @Jaredewy exactly! If only Ponch were a swarthy Latino like me. 05:29:12 PM June 07, 2013 from HootSuite in reply to Jaredewy ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @jaredewy: Wife should NOT autocorrect to "wide". 02:10:35 PM June 07, 2013 from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #7:11tweet Still struggling with the disappointment of not growing up to be #Ponch from the tv show #CHiPS . Where'd I go wrong? 01:08:09 PM June 07, 2013 from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite